Protecting your Interests
The Capitol Patent & Trademark Law Firm®, PLLC
The Capitol Patent & Trademark Law Firm® ("CAPPAT"), located in Alexandria, Virginia, provides representation across the full spectrum of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyright, licensing, unfair competition, trade secrets and related litigation. The firm serves both Fortune 500 companies and individual entrepreneurs, with clients located throughout the United States and worldwide.
The primary objective of CAPPAT is to combine the legal expertise and high quality work product of a large law firm, with the service orientation and other advantages of a small law firm. CAPPAT believes that its legal services can and should be delivered in a service-oriented manner, with each client's needs and priorities - from staffing of matters and response time to billing arrangements - being addressed on an individualized basis.
Advantages of Using CAPPAT
- Our Managing Partner has over 25 years of legal experience.
- We have technical expertise in communications, software, electronics and chemical compositions.
- Unique Litigation and licensing expertise. We routinely litigate in the Alexandria federal court, known as the "Rocket Docket". Our licensing prowess has netted millions of dollars for our clients from the likes of Microsoft and others.
- We have experience in inter parties, ex parte and post grant procedures before the USPTO.
- We closely monitor and control your costs.
- Our Alexandria, Virginia office is located close to the USPTO, which allows us to conveniently and cost-effectively conduct personal interviews with Examiners. We find personal interviews to be one of the best ways to serve clients and advance prosecution. For example, a personal interview may reduce the time it takes to persuade the Examiner. Moreover, interviews may avoid the need to file detailed written explanations with the USPTO. In general, the less that is put in writing the stronger the patent .
Disclaimer: The results of a particular legal matter depend upon a variety of factors unique to each matter. Any discussion of past results related to any matter herein does not guarantee similar results for any future matter that may be undertaken by CAPPAT. Nor should such past results be used as a predictor for any future matter.