Eugene Rosenthal has over twenty five years of experience as a patent attorney. Eugene has worked as a patent attorney at Bell Labs for AT&T, Lucent, and Alcatel-Lucent. Eugene also spent some time at Philips. Eugene focuses his practice on the preparation of patent applications, and the development of patent portfolios for a variety of clients.
Industry Experience: AT&T / Philips / Lucent /Alcatel-Lucent
Sought out as a “go-to” attorney by inventors, technical management, enforcement teams, colleagues, and company executives, including a Nobel Prize winner, Eugene has extensive in-house experience and works well with company technical and legal decision-makers. He develops and provides global protection for company intellectual property assets and uses those assets to generate significant revenue. He solves complex intellectual property problems by applying first principles. Eugene has extensive patent enforcement experience, having made claim chart and technical presentations to many of the largest electronics manufacturers, telecommunications companies, and computer related companies in the United States, Asia, and Europe, as well as to companies engaged in e-commerce. Those efforts resulted in the generation of millions of dollars in licensing revenue. Eugene is also a named inventor on 13 patents, so he understands intellectual property from the conception of an invention, through the filing and prosecuting of a patent application, asserting the patent against infringers, and preparing and concluding a licensing agreement. Before going into the intellectual property field, Eugene was the lead electrical engineer for the original telephone sets of the PARTNER® Advanced Communications System, a business communication system which sold over 300,000 units and is featured in movies and on TV.
- Columbia University, Bachelor Science in Electrical Engineering, 1985
- Columbia University, Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1986
- Rutgers University – Newark, J.D., 1993.
- New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Eugene has written applications covering, or asserted patents in the following areas:
- Telephone services, systems, transmission, and switching networks, security, encryption, and firewalls; digital communications, cellular system architecture and components, advanced/intelligent network design and components (SDN, 1-800) Wireless communication, including OFDM, LTE, UMTS, GSM, CDMA, TDMA, MIMO, 802.11n, pagers, DSL, ADSL, and GPS technologies
- Digital and analog circuits, computer architectures, servers and touch screen technologies
- Operating systems, middleware, and applications, data visualization, e-commerce, cloud computing and storage, business methods, Internet, programming methodologies and graphical user interfaces
- Video and audio coding, e.g., MPEG-2, MPEG-4 part 2 and part 10 (H.264), VP8, MP3 and AC3, and speech coding
- Semiconductor processing, micro-electrical mechanical systems (MEMS), memory technology, terahertz technologies, semiconductor processes, devices and fabrication processes and integrated electronic circuits
- Optical communications, e.g., transmitters, receivers, multiplexers, demultiplexers, fibers, and all-optical switching, integrated optoelectronic assemblies and systems, silicon-based integrated optics systems